Absentee ballots are now availableBuchanan County Auditor and Commissioner of Elections Kris Wilgenbusch has announced that absentee ballots for the November 2, 2021, City/School Elections are available in the Auditor’s Office starting Wednesday, October 13.
Absentee ballots may be cast in the Buchanan County Auditor’s Office at 210 5th Ave NE, Independence, during regular office hours from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, through November 1. Absentee ballots are available for all cities and school districts within the Buchanan County boundaries.
Absentee ballots must be requested in writing. Request forms are available at the Auditor’s Office or Iowa Secretary of State’s website at https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/electioninfo/absenteeinfo.html.
All requests for ballots to be mailed must be received by the Auditor’s Office by 5 p.m., October 18. Due to recent legislation, requests for a mailed ballot must be received 15 days before the election (formerly 11 days).
Ballots requested through the mail must be received by the Auditor’s Office by 8:00 p.m. on election day, Nov. 2.
For more information about the 2021 City/School Elections in Buchanan County, contact the Buchanan County Auditor’s office at 319-334-4109.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Bazaar, dinner at St. Athanasius Sunday, Nov. 7
- Football contest grand prize winner is named
- Trick or Treat in Jesup, Saturday,October 30, 5-7 PM
- UTV accident southeast of Jesup on Oct. 16
- Vote from 7 AM to 8 PM, Tuesday, November 2
- In The Sky During November By David Voigts
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “Buying Jeans”
- Reading Connection By Becky Burke, Director
- CDC approves COVID-19 booster for Moderna, Johnson & Johnson vaccines
- Jesup School Board Meeting- October 11, 2021
- Jesup City Council Meeting - October 18, 2021
- Design ideas to give your home a farmhouse feel
- Simple ways to incorporate reclaimed wood in your home
- How to pick paint for home interiors
- Tips before deciding to do a DIY demolition
- Must-have features in your bathroom remodel
- Security is often overlooked when setting up smart home
- Safety first with DIY electrical work
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!