Jesup Mayor, two council seats and 3 School Board seats are up for election on November 2Election Day in Jesup for both City Mayor and Council; and Jesup School District Board of Education will be Tuesday, Nov. 2. Those wishing to run for any of these offices must file nomination papers with the Buchanan County Auditor by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 16.
Nomination papers include an affidavit of candidacy and a nomination petition containing signatures of eligible electors who live in the city of Jesup for city election; or within the school district for the School Board.
Copies of these documents are available at the website of the Secretary of State; at the County Auditor’s office in Independence and at Jesup Community School’s business office and at City Hall in Jesup.
Mayor Chris Even is planning to run for re-election.
Two of five council seats are up for election. They include the seats currently held by Denny Bell and by Todd Rohlfsen.
For the school board, three of seven seats are up for election. They include: current President Lisa Riensche, Dustin Thorson and Amy Bucknell. None of the three incumbent school board members indicated they were planning to run again when contacted by the Citizen Herald.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Bazaar, dinner at St. Athanasius Sunday, Nov. 7
- Football contest grand prize winner is named
- Trick or Treat in Jesup, Saturday,October 30, 5-7 PM
- UTV accident southeast of Jesup on Oct. 16
- Vote from 7 AM to 8 PM, Tuesday, November 2
- In The Sky During November By David Voigts
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “Buying Jeans”
- Reading Connection By Becky Burke, Director
- CDC approves COVID-19 booster for Moderna, Johnson & Johnson vaccines
- Jesup School Board Meeting- October 11, 2021
- Jesup City Council Meeting - October 18, 2021
- Design ideas to give your home a farmhouse feel
- Simple ways to incorporate reclaimed wood in your home
- How to pick paint for home interiors
- Tips before deciding to do a DIY demolition
- Must-have features in your bathroom remodel
- Security is often overlooked when setting up smart home
- Safety first with DIY electrical work
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!