Come on, guys! Step up and be a prince!Jesup needs boys!
Specifically, Jesup needs boys ages 4-7 to step up and vie for the opportunity to be crowned Prince of Jesup!
Farmers Day is extending the deadline into next week for kids, both boys and girls, to sign up for the annual Prince and Princess Contest. Parents are asked to stop in and fill out an application at the Jesup Public Library by June 18, provide their child’s photo, and receive details on the contest.
If you are age 4-7 by July 8, 2021 and live in the Jesup School District, you are eligible to participate!
The Prince and Princess contest will include music, lots of proud parents and family members and about two dozen young prince and princess candidates. All contestants will receive ride tickets and treats. The winners will be crowned Thursday night, July 8, and asked to ride in a special convertible during the Great Farmers Day Parade on Saturday, July 10.
The youngsters are interviewed on stage in front of an audience at the downtown park pavilion, plus a set of judges who watch and listen carefully to figure out who the 2021 winners will be. All candidates will be featured in a special photo feature in the Jesup Citizen Herald prior to Farmers Day. Remember, the deadline is Friday, June 18.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- RAGBRAIers enjoy breakfast in Jesup
- Jesup Baggers to meet August 11
- Community-wide VBS will begin Aug. 15 at the park
- Jesup Schools continue free summer lunches
- Lester Livewires 4-H News
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “The Treat Lady Again”
- Reading Connection By Becky Bauer-Fisher
- Dunkerton Library News By Michelle Wheeler, Director
- Clarke University Graduate
- Upper Iowa University announces graduates
- Back to school safety checklist
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!