Jesup’s city-wide cleanup day is Sat., May 15The Jesup annual city-wide cleanup day will be Saturday, May 15 from 8 AM until 12 noon at the Tenth Street City Shop, located at the end of Young Street.
There will be no curbside pick-up, all materials must be delivered to the City Shop.
Just a reminder: This cleanup day is for current City of Jesup residents only.
$5 for TV sets;
$12 for stoves, dryers, freezers, refrigerators, trash compactors, dehumidifiers, heat pumps, dishwashers, furnaces, hot water heaters, air conditioners (Freon must be removed), microwave ovens, humidifiers, batteries and garbage disposals.
Following are the items the City will NOT accept:
Tires, paint, paint thinner, insecticides or pesticides, oil, solvents, hazardous materials, or any type of gas or diesel fuel, shingles, or perishable/consumable items.
A scrap metal dumpster will be available at the site during the hours specified.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Jesup High School graduation section
- Perfect weather and a hungry crowd turn up for Scout meal
- Hans Riensche receives CALS Council Sr. Award
- Falcon Civic Center is the new location for Garden Club Plant Sale
- 4-H Club News: Lester Livewires
- Pie bakers sought for Buchanan County Fair
- Buchanan Co. Community Foundation’s annual report highlights key impacts
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “Still Nagging”
- General surgery coverage expands at Buchanan Health
- The Pantry Corner By Sheri Smith Shonk
- Reading Connection By Becky Bauer-Fisher
- Extension Office extends evening hours
- Make it OK to talk about mental illness in the workplace
- Jesup City Council Meeting - May 3, 2021
- City of Jesup - Ordinance No. 620
- Hello, World! Clay Allan Rohlfsen
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!