Bicyclist injured near JesupOn March 28, at approximately 6:58 PM, the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office responded to a hit-and-run involving a 22-year-old male that was riding his bicycle in the 11600 block of Osage Rd, Jesup. The male was struck from the rear by an unknown vehicle which fled the scene.
The male, who has been identified as Sam Strayer of Hudson, was transported to MercyOne Waterloo hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Strayer reportedly suffered a fractured fibula, leg hematomas and skin abrasions.
The Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office, Jesup Police and the Jesup Fire Department all responded to the scene of the hit-and-run.
Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson says the hit-and-run vehicle may be a UTV or ATV of some kind. Captain Mark Herbst of the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office said the vehicle may be a black and maroon side by side UTV.
The investigation continues, and anyone with information is asked to call the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office or Jesup Police.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Jesup Baggers meet April 14
- Can drive by ALC is this week
- Jesup blood drive is April 20
- Jesup Easter Egg Hunt a huge success!
- Jesup’s city-wide clean-up day is Saturday, May 15
- Jesup City Council Meeting - April 5, 2021
- Relay For Life live events canceled again this year
- Scenes from Jesup High School’s "Beauty and the Beast Jr."
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!