Bicyclist injured near JesupOn March 28, at approximately 6:58 PM, the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office responded to a hit-and-run involving a 22-year-old male that was riding his bicycle in the 11600 block of Osage Rd, Jesup. The male was struck from the rear by an unknown vehicle which fled the scene.
The male, who has been identified as Sam Strayer of Hudson, was transported to MercyOne Waterloo hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Strayer reportedly suffered a fractured fibula, leg hematomas and skin abrasions.
The Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office, Jesup Police and the Jesup Fire Department all responded to the scene of the hit-and-run.
Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson says the hit-and-run vehicle may be a UTV or ATV of some kind. Captain Mark Herbst of the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office said the vehicle may be a black and maroon side by side UTV.
The investigation continues, and anyone with information is asked to call the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office or Jesup Police.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Blood drive is June 16 in Jesup
- District Floriculture By FFA Reporter Harlie Shaffer
- Rhoads Graduates Mercy College of Health Sciences
- Tyler Lienau earns academic all-Big Ten honors
- ISU announces spring 2021 Dean’s List
- Ben Stevens to serve as BCHC’s interim CEO
- Lester Livewires April Meeting Minutes
- Mmm! Mushroommmms!
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “Best Wishes”
- Reading Connection By Becky Bauer-Fisher
- Dunkerton Library News By Michelle Wheeler, Director
- NEI3A Senior Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program Check Distribution
- Founder of Running 4 Heroes in Indee June 12
- Buchanan Co. Supervisors - May 24, 2021
- Special workshop planned for June 25 at CoWork591
- Farmers Day 5K run/walk registrations available now
- Hawkeye Community College Announces Spring 2021 Dean’s List
- More than 4,700 graduates receive degrees at Iowa State University this spring
- End of Year Awards - Jesup Middle School
- Farmers Day Domestic Arts Show Rules
- Congratulations Don Bosco Class of 2021 - photo array
- Reuse Reduce Recycle
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!