School election next TuesdayNext Tuesday, March 2, is the date for a special election in the Jesup School District to extend the Revenue Purpose Statement for use of the Statewide Sales Tax funds.
This vote will not permit an increase in taxes. The statewide sales tax has already been approved at the state level. This election will extend the current language of the Revenue Purpose Statement past 2029.
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on March 2.
All adult residents of the Jesup Community School District are eligible to vote. Those residing within the Jesup city limits may vote at city hall. Those residing in Perry, Westburg, or Fairbank townships may vote at the First United Methodist Church in Jesup. Those residing in the Brandon area may vote at the Brandon Community Center.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Snow day fun in Jesup
- Buchanan County Health Trust awards $58,500 to area organizations
- Lester Livewires meet
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “Entertaining Remington”
- Reading Connection By Becky Bauer-Fisher
- Buchanan Co. Supervisors - February 16, 2021
- BCHC Auxiliary scholarships for continuing education now available
- Buchanan County Proposed Budget and Public Hearing
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!