The Giving Spirit seeks Christmas donationsThis holiday season promises to be unlike any that has been experienced before! The Giving Spirit is a local organization of volunteers that has helped provide Christmas for several local Jesup students over the years. Due to the pandemic, the need is especially great this year. To help meet these needs, The Giving Spirit is gathering resources to provide Christmas to students in need.
After 12 years of providing tags on trees for shoppers to purchase gifts for children, the method will change this year in order to protect the volunteers’ health during the pandemic, even as the need remains high. Working with the two Jesup schools, children in need have been identified. Rather than asking the community to take a tag and shop for an individual, the committee is soliciting financial donations that will be used to purchase gifts with a mass order.
Tags with specific children’s ages are available at Farmers State Bank, Inspired Living Chiropractic, and BankIowa. Donations can be left at any of those locations or mailed to the Giving Spirit at PO Box 568, Jesup, IA 50648.
It would be very helpful to make those donations by Monday, December 7, in order to allocate a spending budget.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Benda is new Cedar Valley Hospice development director
- Jesup Ambulance assists at accident
- Buchanan Co. Supervisors - January 4, 2021
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “My Treat Bag”
- Reading Connection By Becky Bauer-Fisher
- Clarke University Dean's List
- Kirkwood Community College Dean’s List honors
- Northeast Iowa Community College Dean’s List is Released
- Jesup City Council Meeting - January 11, 2021
- Jesup Ordinance #616
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!