BCHC reopens call center for COVID-19 questions, concerns due to rise in cases(Independence, IA) – Due to the increased number in COVID-19 cases and exposures in the Buchanan County and Oelwein area, BCHC has reopened its COVID-19 Call Center to help triage COVID-19 related questions and concerns related to the caller’s symptoms, exposure concerns, testing, and quarantine directions.
Open Monday-Friday from 9 am-2 pm, the COVID-19 Call Center is staffed by a medical provider who will clinically advise and triage callers in response to their questions and concerns regarding symptoms, exposures, testing, and quarantine directions. To reach the COVID-19 Call Center, call 319-596-2180.
If you have reason to suspect you are ill with or have been exposed to COVID-19 and do not need emergency medical care, please utilize the call center to receive proper guidance before presenting onsite. If you seek emergency care, please inform staff of symptoms prior to arrival.
It has become increasingly important for all Iowans to follow the guidance that has been provided by the Iowa Department of Public Health to help slow the spread of COVID-19:
• Practice social distancing
• Wear a mask in public and when you cannot socially distance
• Avoid large gatherings, closed spaces with poor ventilation, and close-contact with others outside of your immediate household
• Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20-seconds each time.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or elbow/upper arm.
• Stay home when ill – even mildly ill.
• Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces.
To stay up to date with the latest news and announcements from BCHC regarding COVID-19, follow "Buchanan County Health Center" on Facebook, or visit BCHealth.org/covid19.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Buchanan Co. Health Center administers COVID-19 vaccines to hospital and clinic staff
- Annika Wall graduates from Wartburg College
- Milz is December 2020 Morningside graduate
- Morningside announces Dean’s List for fall semester
- Virtual program offers tips for parenting in a pandemic and beyond
- Dunkerton Library News By Michelle Wheeler, Director
- Reading Connection By Becky Bauer-Fisher
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “Swedish Surprise”
- Living Well With Buchanan County Health Center
- Moonlit Snowshoe
- BCHC welcomes new leadership in clinical education, wound care depts.
- Bring the outdoors inside with Adventure Lab app
- January is National Blood Donor Month
- City of Jesup Employee Wages
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!