Keep your dog happy and healthy at an area dog park
Looking for a way to get out and enjoy the fresh air with your “best friend?” There will soon be two off-leash dog parks available just east and west of Jesup.
The Indee Bark Park is located at the Falcon Events Center, 1305 Fifth Avenue in Independence. There are currently over 70 memberships. Because of the generosity of donors, it was able to open on October 1, 2017, after accepting their first donation only three months earlier on the Fourth of July.
While the land is owned by the City, there are still lots of other expenses. Fencing alone for the spacious park cost $25,000; there are three stations in the park to pick up “poop bags.” The dog’s veterinarian must verify vaccinations are current, and there are a few park rules (such as no dogs in heat).
A $25 annual fee or a $3 day pass is verified by the membership tag on the dog’s collar. The Indee Bark Park is administered by The Falcon Center (319-334-2606). Give them a call for more information or to start the membership process.
To the west, Willow Run Dog Park is in its fundraising stage. It will be located at Bunker Park in Evansdale, and is a collaborative effort between the cities of Evansdale and Elk Run Heights. Both cities contributed to the architect’s fees for the park, located on the corner of Lafayette and McCoy Road. The Second Annual Howling Halloween dog walk fundraiser raised over $1,600 this October.
This fall and winter will be a residential and local business capital fund drive for their spring grant. The community financial support of the project will make a big impact on the ability to secure grant funding, as most grants require a local match.
For more information take a look at their Facebook page: willowrundogparkevansdale, or give Lisa Smock a call at 319-290-6236.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Blood drive is June 16 in Jesup
- District Floriculture By FFA Reporter Harlie Shaffer
- Rhoads Graduates Mercy College of Health Sciences
- Tyler Lienau earns academic all-Big Ten honors
- ISU announces spring 2021 Dean’s List
- Ben Stevens to serve as BCHC’s interim CEO
- Lester Livewires April Meeting Minutes
- Mmm! Mushroommmms!
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “Best Wishes”
- Reading Connection By Becky Bauer-Fisher
- Dunkerton Library News By Michelle Wheeler, Director
- NEI3A Senior Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program Check Distribution
- Founder of Running 4 Heroes in Indee June 12
- Buchanan Co. Supervisors - May 24, 2021
- Special workshop planned for June 25 at CoWork591
- Farmers Day 5K run/walk registrations available now
- Hawkeye Community College Announces Spring 2021 Dean’s List
- More than 4,700 graduates receive degrees at Iowa State University this spring
- End of Year Awards - Jesup Middle School
- Farmers Day Domestic Arts Show Rules
- Congratulations Don Bosco Class of 2021 - photo array
- Reuse Reduce Recycle
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!