Hours extended for votingBuchanan County Auditor and Commissioner of Elections Cindy Gosse has announced the Buchanan County Auditor’s Office will be open on Saturday, October 31, 2020 for the purpose of voting an absentee ballot in the November 3 General Election.
Absentee ballots may be cast in the Buchanan County Auditor’s Office, Buchanan County Courthouse, 210 5th Ave. N.E., Independence, beginning at 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on October 31, 2020.
Absentee ballots for the November 3 General Election may be cast at the Auditor's Office, Buchanan County Courthouse, 210 5th Avenue NE, Independence, through November 2 or by mail. If you wish to have the absentee ballot mailed to your residence, we must have the absentee request application by October 24 at 5:00 p.m.
Absentee ballots must be returned to the Auditor’s office by 9:00 p.m. on November 3 or be postmarked by midnight November 2. However, Gosse encourages those returning their ballots via the postal service to mail them before October 20.
For more information contact the Buchanan County Auditor's Office at 319-334-4109.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Council approves Marks’ property annexation request despite objections
- Trumbauer chose Wausau for quality
- Jesup Library seeking trustee
- Jesup City Council Meeting - Nov. 16, 2020
- Names of military with Jesup ties wanted for gift boxes
- Bell ringers sought for 2 sites
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “Freshly Baked Bread”
- Lester Livewires meet
- Giving students the gift of time
- The Giving Spirit seeks Christmas donations for local Jesup students
- Let the music play at Jesup Schools - a photo array
- Online Holidays at the Depot
- Extension closing early Fridays
- Kimball signs to dive at Iowa State
- Don Bosco presents ‘Crumpled Classics’
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!