Hours extended for votingBuchanan County Auditor and Commissioner of Elections Cindy Gosse has announced the Buchanan County Auditor’s Office will be open on Saturday, October 31, 2020 for the purpose of voting an absentee ballot in the November 3 General Election.
Absentee ballots may be cast in the Buchanan County Auditor’s Office, Buchanan County Courthouse, 210 5th Ave. N.E., Independence, beginning at 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on October 31, 2020.
Absentee ballots for the November 3 General Election may be cast at the Auditor's Office, Buchanan County Courthouse, 210 5th Avenue NE, Independence, through November 2 or by mail. If you wish to have the absentee ballot mailed to your residence, we must have the absentee request application by October 24 at 5:00 p.m.
Absentee ballots must be returned to the Auditor’s office by 9:00 p.m. on November 3 or be postmarked by midnight November 2. However, Gosse encourages those returning their ballots via the postal service to mail them before October 20.
For more information contact the Buchanan County Auditor's Office at 319-334-4109.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Monat Wealth Mgmt. moves to new location
- Eye of the Artist
- Property taxes due Sept. 30
- Hawkeye Community College Announces Summer 2021 Graduates
- Upper Iowa University announces Summer 2021 Dean’s List
- Allen College-UnityPoint Health Names Students to Dean’s List
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “A Good Story”
- 2nd annual Otter Creek Animal Shelter fall festival is Oct. 3
- Reading Connection By Becky Burke, Director
- Buchanan Co. Supervisors - September 7, 2021
- Online Football Contest winners
- Savings strategies for weddings
- How to plan a wedding ceremony
- 2021 Don Bosco Homecoming - Photos courtesy Heidi Rottink
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!