Hours extended for votingBuchanan County Auditor and Commissioner of Elections Cindy Gosse has announced the Buchanan County Auditor’s Office will be open on Saturday, October 31, 2020 for the purpose of voting an absentee ballot in the November 3 General Election.
Absentee ballots may be cast in the Buchanan County Auditor’s Office, Buchanan County Courthouse, 210 5th Ave. N.E., Independence, beginning at 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on October 31, 2020.
Absentee ballots for the November 3 General Election may be cast at the Auditor's Office, Buchanan County Courthouse, 210 5th Avenue NE, Independence, through November 2 or by mail. If you wish to have the absentee ballot mailed to your residence, we must have the absentee request application by October 24 at 5:00 p.m.
Absentee ballots must be returned to the Auditor’s office by 9:00 p.m. on November 3 or be postmarked by midnight November 2. However, Gosse encourages those returning their ballots via the postal service to mail them before October 20.
For more information contact the Buchanan County Auditor's Office at 319-334-4109.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Pet Costume Parade & Contest Sunday, Oct. 25, 1 p.m. before Trunk and Treat
- Pre-register for the 2020 General Election
- 9/11 Never Forget exhibit returning to Jesup in 2021
- Living Well: Therapy After Breast Cancer Surgery
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon, “The Stomachache”
- Jesup Council - Rezoning of Jesup Bible Fellowship
- Buchanan County voting sites and sample ballots for November 3, 2020 General Election
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!