Incident results in Jesup School bus driver resignationAn undefined incident occurred on one of the Jesup Community School bus routes on Thursday afternoon, Sept. 9 in the 2800 block of Benson Shady Grove Avenue, south of Jesup. The bus driver resigned Sept. 10 and is no longer employed by the school district.
According to information released by Jesup School Superintendent Nathan Marting, emergency personnel responded to the incident and a parent also assisted. All students were safe and there were no injuries during the incident.
“We are very appreciative of the parent’s assistance,” Marting said, “as well as the help of the older students on the bus.”
The Buchanan County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the matter.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Blood drive is June 16 in Jesup
- District Floriculture By FFA Reporter Harlie Shaffer
- Rhoads Graduates Mercy College of Health Sciences
- Tyler Lienau earns academic all-Big Ten honors
- ISU announces spring 2021 Dean’s List
- Ben Stevens to serve as BCHC’s interim CEO
- Lester Livewires April Meeting Minutes
- Mmm! Mushroommmms!
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “Best Wishes”
- Reading Connection By Becky Bauer-Fisher
- Dunkerton Library News By Michelle Wheeler, Director
- NEI3A Senior Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program Check Distribution
- Founder of Running 4 Heroes in Indee June 12
- Buchanan Co. Supervisors - May 24, 2021
- Special workshop planned for June 25 at CoWork591
- Farmers Day 5K run/walk registrations available now
- Hawkeye Community College Announces Spring 2021 Dean’s List
- More than 4,700 graduates receive degrees at Iowa State University this spring
- End of Year Awards - Jesup Middle School
- Farmers Day Domestic Arts Show Rules
- Congratulations Don Bosco Class of 2021 - photo array
- Reuse Reduce Recycle
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!