Incident results in Jesup School bus driver resignationAn undefined incident occurred on one of the Jesup Community School bus routes on Thursday afternoon, Sept. 9 in the 2800 block of Benson Shady Grove Avenue, south of Jesup. The bus driver resigned Sept. 10 and is no longer employed by the school district.
According to information released by Jesup School Superintendent Nathan Marting, emergency personnel responded to the incident and a parent also assisted. All students were safe and there were no injuries during the incident.
“We are very appreciative of the parent’s assistance,” Marting said, “as well as the help of the older students on the bus.”
The Buchanan County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the matter.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Winners of Jesup Car/Bike Cruise: Photos courtesy Nancy Steinbron
- Hello World! River Bengston
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon: “Gladiolas”
- Annual fall supper of United Methodist Women is Sept. 26
- Allen College - UnityPoint Health Names Students To Dean’s List
- Residents are encouraged to participate in National Voter Registration Month
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!