Free meals may continue through Dec. 31In continuation of the summer food program, Jesup Community Schools is able to provide a full breakfast and a full lunch to all students free of charge.
Funds from the summer are still available to offer this service due to the stress the economy has been under during the last few months. This service is predicted to last until December 31, 2020 unless funds run out prior to that date. If that were to happen, parents and guardians will be notified as soon as possible. This is for complete meal trays only. If a child in 5th -12th grade utilizes the option to purchase seconds or extra milk, these are still charged accordingly.
Those residents who have applied for the free and reduced meal program are asked to continue to fill out paperwork as normal so the school lunch program can keep information recorded accurately.
If a parent or guardian has been receiving notices that your lunch account is below $10 or in the negative balance, make sure to bring those back to a functional balance based on food service needs.
For more information, contact Stella Pint at (319) 827-1700 ext. 1407 or Margie Knipp, (319) 827-1700 ext.l401.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Blood drive is June 16 in Jesup
- District Floriculture By FFA Reporter Harlie Shaffer
- Rhoads Graduates Mercy College of Health Sciences
- Tyler Lienau earns academic all-Big Ten honors
- ISU announces spring 2021 Dean’s List
- Ben Stevens to serve as BCHC’s interim CEO
- Lester Livewires April Meeting Minutes
- Mmm! Mushroommmms!
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “Best Wishes”
- Reading Connection By Becky Bauer-Fisher
- Dunkerton Library News By Michelle Wheeler, Director
- NEI3A Senior Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program Check Distribution
- Founder of Running 4 Heroes in Indee June 12
- Buchanan Co. Supervisors - May 24, 2021
- Special workshop planned for June 25 at CoWork591
- Farmers Day 5K run/walk registrations available now
- Hawkeye Community College Announces Spring 2021 Dean’s List
- More than 4,700 graduates receive degrees at Iowa State University this spring
- End of Year Awards - Jesup Middle School
- Farmers Day Domestic Arts Show Rules
- Congratulations Don Bosco Class of 2021 - photo array
- Reuse Reduce Recycle
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!