Clarification on $1 million availability for plant upgradeMayor Chris Even has clarified when the amount in the sewer fund is expected to reach $1,000,000.
In last week’s Citizen Herald it was reported that there currently is $1 million in the sewer fund. That is incorrect. However, the balance in the sewer fund is expected to reach $1 million or more by the time the wastewater treatment plant upgrade is completed in 2023.
Even said, “We currently have approximately $600,000 in the sewer fund. Because we started raising sewer rates five years ago in anticipation of the large capital cost that we would incur updating the wastewater treatment plant, our annual revenue currently exceeds our annual operational and debt expenses by $267,000. Additionally, all of our existing sewer debt will be paid off in two more years which will free up an additional $46,000 per year.
“This surplus revenue is available for capital improvement projects including the wastewater treatment plant upgrade,” Even explained. “I anticipate some of this surplus revenue will be used on other improvements within the sanitary sewer collection system over the next three years, but I expect to have well over $1,000,000 in the sewer fund before the wastewater treatment plant construction is completed three years from now.”
The Citizen Herald appreciates readers bringing errors or omissions to the attention of the newspaper for correction or clarification.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Unveiling Tour of US Route 20
- Gucci the Cow joins the Farmers Day Parade
- Dunkerton Days Queen and her Court
- Shelby Delagardelle reads her winning flag essay to 102nd American Legion convention
- Two Jesup students named to spring 2021 Iowa State University College of Human Sciences dean's list
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon “Adventures Everywhere”
- In The Sky During August By David Voigts, Jesup
- Reading Connection By Becky Bauer-Fisher
- Carolyn Clubine receives Governor’s Volunteer Award
- Jesup Schools’ Earnings Report-July 2020-June 2021
- Jesup CSD Public Hearing - Aug. 9, 2021
- Jesup High School class of 1960 marks 61 year reunion
- Jesup School Board Meeting - July 12, 2021
- Jesup City Council Meeting - July 19, 2021
- St. Athanasius School 2021 eighth grade graduates
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!