On Top of the World … Mountain climber presents program
Independence Public Library
Mountain Climber Jen Loeb will join the Independence Public Library via Zoom to host two exciting programs on Tuesday, June 30.
Teens will enjoy a chance to meet Jen, get inspired, and learn more about reaching for their dreams and the power of perseverance at 2 p.m. for “perseverance to the Pak … Repeat.”
At 6:30 p.m., Loeb will share her personal story of mountain climbing and how she came to be the first woman in Iowa to climb Mt. Everest in “From Iowa Farm to the Top of the World.”
Although Loeb is a native of Jesup, she has climbed mountains all over the world. She’s currently on track to become one of 25 women in the United States to complete the “7 Summits” – a challenge that involves reaching the summits of the highest peaks on each of the seven continents. She has one mountain left to climb … Vinson in Antarctica.
For more information call 319-334-2470, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.independenceia.org/library.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Jesup City Council Special Session - July 1, 2020
- Still time to sign up for Lions Club raffle
- Buchanan Co. Community Foundation gives $20K to COVID-19 Response Fund
- Webers note 45th anniversary
- Phyllis Reiter observes 80th birthday
- McCombs on University of Dubuque Dean's List
- Dunkerton farmer directs America’s Farmers Grow Communities donation to the Dunkerton Public Library
- BCHC to offer mental health, counseling services through Family Medicine Clinics
- Drive-In Movie Night planned at JBF on July 17
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!