On Top of the World … Mountain climber presents program
Independence Public Library
Mountain Climber Jen Loeb will join the Independence Public Library via Zoom to host two exciting programs on Tuesday, June 30.
Teens will enjoy a chance to meet Jen, get inspired, and learn more about reaching for their dreams and the power of perseverance at 2 p.m. for “perseverance to the Pak … Repeat.”
At 6:30 p.m., Loeb will share her personal story of mountain climbing and how she came to be the first woman in Iowa to climb Mt. Everest in “From Iowa Farm to the Top of the World.”
Although Loeb is a native of Jesup, she has climbed mountains all over the world. She’s currently on track to become one of 25 women in the United States to complete the “7 Summits” – a challenge that involves reaching the summits of the highest peaks on each of the seven continents. She has one mountain left to climb … Vinson in Antarctica.
For more information call 319-334-2470, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.independenceia.org/library.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Winners of Jesup Car/Bike Cruise: Photos courtesy Nancy Steinbron
- Hello World! River Bengston
- The Postscript By Carrie Classon: “Gladiolas”
- Annual fall supper of United Methodist Women is Sept. 26
- Allen College - UnityPoint Health Names Students To Dean’s List
- Residents are encouraged to participate in National Voter Registration Month
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!