Don Bosco boys remain undefeatedThe Don Bosco boys’ basketball team continued their undefeated season with a victory against North Butler on Jan. 4. This marked the team’s fifth win so far.
The Dons played 1-6 North Butler at Upper Iowa University and established a 21-10 lead at the half. Don Bosco continued to surge ahead in the third and ultimately took the win, 56-23.
Zach Huff scored 25 points for the Dons and was four for nine in his three-point attempts. Lewis Havel, who went one for two in successful three-point attempts, was the second highest scorer with 13 points. Other scorers were Luke Staebell with seven points, Gabe Fernandez and Carter Weber with four each, Mason Denton with two, and Peyton Pecenka with one.
The Dons had 27 rebounds, 11 steals, and two blocks (one each from Havel and Weber).
Other Sports Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- J-Hawks win first round of Regionals
- Jesup athletes celebrate Senior Night - photos
- Boys close out regular season 5-16
- Bosco wrestlers set to defend their titles
- Bosco girls take on Clarksville, E. Buchanan
- Don Bosco boys end regular basketball season at 16-5
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!