Child Care Forum seeks solutions for JesupParents, business people and other community members are invited to a Child Care Forum to be held Wednesday, Jan. 8 at the Farmers State Bank Community Room.
Beginning at 7 p.m., the Forum is meant to provide an opportunity for discussion regarding the immediate needs for child care in the Jesup community.
Last year, a community survey clearly indicated an immediate need for additional child care options in Jesup.
This Forum is a response to the survey’s expression of need.
“The lack of child care is not only impacting the young families within the community,” said Esther Meuer-Valtchev, “but also is an impact to the economic growth and sustainability of the city.”
Meuer-Valtchev is a Community Development Specialist in Child Care Resource and Referral of Northeast Iowa at Exceptional Persons, Inc.
She continues, “This issue is not just a parent one, but a community one.”
She invites everyone in the community to be part of the child care solution in Jesup.
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Fairbank native receives 2019 Indie Book Award
- Fish and chicken fries planned
- Free meal at ALC on Jan. 22
- Financial Peace University back at Jesup Bible Fellowship
- Special Week of Christian Unity service is planned
- Farmers Day is July 9-11, 2020
- Garden Club makes living Christmas centerpieces at December meeting
- Cattlemen’s banquet is Jan. 25 at Event Center
- Hometown Heroes: Your neighbors donate blood (a photo array)
- Healthy Relationship Education Training is Feb. 13
- 2020 4-H Communications Day is Sat., March 28 at Independence Sr. Center
- Jesup City Council Meeting - Jan. 7, 2020
- Jesup City Council, Ordinance No. 605
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!