Jesup girls finish fourth at State; Kile Rottinghaus finishes in the top 50The Jesup girls’ cross country team is fourth in the state for the second year in a row!
The girls competed at the state championship in Fort Dodge on Nov. 2 and had two top ten runners in sophomore Amanda Treptow, who finished in sixth at 19:28.0, and sophomore Natalie O’Connor, who finished in seventh at 19:42.1.
Sophomore Marlee Devore earned a spot in the top 50 with her finish at 21:17.3, earning her 41st. Senior Grace Thompson finished 56th at 21:37.5, followed by junior Mara Moore in 59th at 21:42.5, sophomore Alexis Vanderwerff in 87th at 22:57.6, and senior Zoe Miller in 88th at 23:00.6. They competed among 138 runners.
Boys’ runner sophomore Kile Rottinghaus, who made his state debut, finished in the top 50. He tied his personal record of 17:35.1, which earned him 48th out of 137 runners.
Other Sports Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Origins of Don Bosco High School football program
- Football Coach Of The Year: Colby Yoder
- Bosco volleyball ends season as Co-Conference Champs
- Bosco cross country teams making strides
- Jesup wrestlers host double dual and tournament
- Bosco basketball teams face off against Tripoli Panthers
- Don Bosco loses a close game to Wapsie Valley Warriors
- Don Bosco wrestlers win opening double dual at Jesup
- Mission Accomplished: A special section of the Bosco 8-man state championship run
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!