Census hiring event Nov. 7 at the Jesup Community Room2020 is more than just an election year. The founding fathers provided for the taking of a national census every ten years in the U.S. Constitution, Article 1, Section 2.
The census packet will be delivered through the mail next year and will give instructions for completion and returning. However, workers will be required to make sure every form has been completed and that persons are not left out or counted twice.
There will be a hiring event Thursday evening, November 7, from 3-7 pm at the Jesup Public Library Community Room. Census personnel will be present to answer questions and provide job application forms.
Jesup City Clerk Koley Mead wants people to know there will be more and more announcements about being counted in the 2020 census, that this is a legitimate federal government function, required by law, and is not a scam. City personnel will not be involved in taking the count; however, Mead stresses the importance of every person in Jesup being counted as funds distributed to the City of Jesup are granted on a per capita basis.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Jesup City Council Meeting November 5, 2019
- Still time to get tickets for mystery-dinner event Nov. 16
- Let’s Talk Turkey ends Friday
- Jesup welcomes K-12 social worker
- ‘Be Our Guest’ meal is Nov. 20
- Fair Board annual meeting is Nov. 14 at Pipestone Vet
- Women’s Leadership: Spreading greatness
- Jesup High School receives STEM BEST Program Award
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!