Hydrant flushing Sept. 23-25 in JesupThe City of Jesup is planning to flush hydrants on Monday, September 23 through Wednesday, September 25.
Routine flushing of water mains is required to maintain water quality and avoid taste and odor problems, according to Jesup’s Public Works Director Mike Fettkether.
“Flushing increases the velocity of water moving through the water mains to loosen and remove deposits and sediments,” Fettkether said. “These loosened deposits may temporarily cause taste and odor problems and may stain laundry. Please keep this in mind when using water on the flushing days of September 23, 24 and 25.”
Anyone wishing additional information may call City Hall at 827-1522 and ask for the water department.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Creating art from pebbles
- Bazaar, dinner at St. Athanasius
- Jesup Baggers’ first meeting November 13
- Lions host a mystery!
- Running for the Paws 5K run, 1mile fun walk in Jesup
- Courthouse closed for Veterans Day
- Holidays at the Depot kicks off Nov. 9
- Hometown Heroes! American Red Cross Blood Drive photo array
- Veterans Day program Tues., Nov. 12 at JHS
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!