Hydrant flushing Sept. 23-25 in JesupThe City of Jesup is planning to flush hydrants on Monday, September 23 through Wednesday, September 25.
Routine flushing of water mains is required to maintain water quality and avoid taste and odor problems, according to Jesup’s Public Works Director Mike Fettkether.
“Flushing increases the velocity of water moving through the water mains to loosen and remove deposits and sediments,” Fettkether said. “These loosened deposits may temporarily cause taste and odor problems and may stain laundry. Please keep this in mind when using water on the flushing days of September 23, 24 and 25.”
Anyone wishing additional information may call City Hall at 827-1522 and ask for the water department.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Annika Wall receives national scholarship for advancement of women in sports industry
- Personnel to be honored at First Presbyterian
- Free Sept. meals at American Lutheran Church
- Senior Citizen Lunch Sept. 18 at Jesup School
- Jesup Fall Garage Sales, October 3-5
- Apple recipe contest winners will be chosen Sept. 11
- Shoes are sought for Jay’s Closet
- Bunnells/50th Anniversary
- BCHC welcomes new cardiac rehab coordinator
- Schmudlach wins top prize in ‘Bonus Crossword’ scratch game
- More than 500 new manufacturing jobs for Buchanan Co.!
- Custom Farming: An Alternative to Leasing
- Farm Financial Planning Program
- Iowa Farmland Rental Rates
- Important Crop Insurance Dates to Remember
- Cover crops add value but are weather sensitive
- Littleton school reunion is Sept. 21 at LCHS building
- Courthouse will be closed Friday, September 13
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!