Jesup moves to #3, advances to regional finalsJesup finished its final regular season game in a double-header matchup against Hudson.
Jesup swept Hudson at home in their senior night celebration with 4-3 and 5-2 wins Senior Alexus Jensen was the leading scorer in the first game, earning two of the team’s four runs. Kristin Sadler, a junior, scored a home run in both games, bringing her season total to seven. In the second game, scoring was split by Alexus Jensen, Sadler, Jenna Jensen (junior), Breanne Fischels (senior), and Hailey Nie (freshman).
Jesup entered into the second round regional game on July 10 as the 2A #3 ranked team in the state, posing as a daunting competitor to Woodward-Granger who had only taken seven wins in the season. Unsurprisingly, Jesup took a significant lead early on and finished with a 14-1 victory. Kristin Sadler nailed her eighth homerun of the season and also hit a strong triple. Rhianna Bigwood batted in five of the team’s 13 RBIs. Runs were scored by Zoe Miller (four), Alexis VanderWerff (three), Jenna Jensen (two), Kristin Sadler (two), Hailey Nie (two), and Jacie Lange (one).
Jesup hosted the third round regional game against South Hamilton on July 12. Jesup (29-9) took on South Hamilton (19-9). Jesup finished as the 1-0 victor over their opponents. The only run of the game was scored in seventh inning by Jacie Lange and batted in by Andrea Gibbs. Rhianna Bigwood pitched all seven innings and only allowed South Hamilton two hits.
Other Sports Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Origins of Don Bosco High School football program
- Football Coach Of The Year: Colby Yoder
- Bosco volleyball ends season as Co-Conference Champs
- Bosco cross country teams making strides
- Jesup wrestlers host double dual and tournament
- Bosco basketball teams face off against Tripoli Panthers
- Don Bosco loses a close game to Wapsie Valley Warriors
- Don Bosco wrestlers win opening double dual at Jesup
- Mission Accomplished: A special section of the Bosco 8-man state championship run
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!