Bosco baseball moves to districtsBosco came out ahead 8-2 against Denver at home on July 8.
Runs were batted in by Lewis Havel (two), Dillon Welter (two), Kendall Becker (one), and Fischer Ohrt (one). Runs were scored by Cael Frost (two), Lewis Havel (two), Fischer Ohrt (one), Charlie Hogan (one), Easton Larson (one), and Dillon Welter (one). Bryce Schares, who pitched for six of seven innings, threw five strikeouts.
A month after their first season matchup, Bosco and Columbus competed in their final regular season game. The July 9 game was another win for Bosco who finished with a 14-4 victory against Columbus.
Kendall Becker and Dillon Welter each batted in three runs. The team’s other RBIs were by Cael Frost (two), Bryce Schares (two), Lewis Havel (one), Fischer Ohrt (one), and Ryan Naughton (one). Easton Larson was the leading scorer with three runs.
The 1A #6 ranked team ended their regular season with a record of 24-4.
In the district season opener on July 13, Bosco played Collins-Maxwell in Hudson. Bosco scored 14 runs in the first inning and breezed ahead to take a 31-0 win and advance to the second round.
Other Sports Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Origins of Don Bosco High School football program
- Football Coach Of The Year: Colby Yoder
- Bosco volleyball ends season as Co-Conference Champs
- Bosco cross country teams making strides
- Jesup wrestlers host double dual and tournament
- Bosco basketball teams face off against Tripoli Panthers
- Don Bosco loses a close game to Wapsie Valley Warriors
- Don Bosco wrestlers win opening double dual at Jesup
- Mission Accomplished: A special section of the Bosco 8-man state championship run
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!