Come ‘into the woods’ at Jesup’s 2019 Farmers Day!
They bragged to be the best and the tales of their feats are as tall as a pine tree.
The legend lives on in the All American Lumberjack Show — two teams, 10 exciting lumberjack events, 10,000 gallons of water and lumberjack pride is on the line.
And it’s all coming to Jesup Farmers Day this year!
A month ago, the Citizen Herald teased the theme of the 2019 Jesup Farmers Day event — “Into the Woods.” If you guessed the All American Lumberjack Show, you were right!
Lumberjack competition has been around for a long time and each competitive event was developed from a skill that a logger needed in the woods.
The show features the exciting traditional "old-time skills" of log rolling, x-cut sawing, ax throwing, buck sawing and boom racing. In addition, chain saw events of obstacle pole racing, spring board tree topping, stock saw racing and hot saw racing will feature the skills of today's loggers.
For the adventurous, there are Lumberjack Sport Camps, free to everyone young and old. Lumberjack events of x-cut sawing and log rolling will be taught by the pros.
Between the shows, you’re invited to sit back and watch as lumberjacks with nothing but a chain saw, a plain old log and a lot of practice, carve just about anything imaginable including bears, eagles, turtles, fish, cactus, frogs & alligators. Carvings are given away at the shows.
When the sawdust settles and the show is over, you’re invited to meet the lumberjacks, get an autograph, take pictures and try your luck at some of the events.
This is only one of the new features of Jesup Farmers Day this year. Remember, Farmers Day will be held June 20-22, 2019, so make plans now to make a weekend of it!
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Jesup girls’ softball team has a super fan!
- Lunch in the Park is Thursday
- Middle School orientation is August 15
- Be Our Guest free meal Aug. 21 at the church
- Blood drive in Jesup is August 22
- Adam Corkery earns Masters
- Jordan Leach completes basic training
- Wettengel earns Friends of Cedar Falls Medical Center scholarship
- “Welcome to Medicare” seminar offered at Buchanan County Health Center
- Laborshed study highlights importance of manufacturing in Buchanan County
- Food Pantry receives funds to upgrade
- Summer Sports teams - a full page of photos of the young Jesup players!
- Jesup City Council Meeting August 6, 2019
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!