Free RADON workshop here Jan. 15INDEPENDENCE – Buchanan County ISU Extension and Outreach has collaborated with Buchanan County Environmental Health and Midwest Systems to offer a FREE public RADON workshop.
To learn about RADON, how to test your home, and what to do once your results are in, attend the free RADON workshop on Tuesday, January 15, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church, 455 6th St., Jesup, IA. Speakers are Matt Even, Buchanan County Environmental Health, Roxanne Fuller, Buchanan County ISU Extension and Outreach, and RADON Mitigation Contractor, Matt Griswold.
Did you know 71.6% of Iowa tested homes have radon above the US Environmental Protection Agency’s action level? This is the highest in the US (5 out of 7 homes). RADON is the number one leading cause of lung cancer for non-smokers.
Make sure to attend this free workshop and learn how you can protect your family’s health from RADON exposure. RADON test kits will be available for Buchanan County residents in attendance free of charge, courtesy of Buchanan County Environmental Health (one per family). Additional kits may be purchased for $8 cash or check.
Pre-registration is requested by calling Buchanan County ISU Extension and Outreach 319-334-7161, or email email@example.com to register.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Jesup School Board Meeting June 10, 2019
- Smith successfully completes course at Engineering Duty Officer School
- BCHC Auxiliary awards scholarships to students entering or continuing education in healthcare
- Lunch in the Park June 27
- Every Tuesday is Hot Dog Day
- Garden Club enjoys Amish dinner, tour of Detweiler Greenhouse
- Ice Cream Social to benefit Otter Creek Animal Shelter
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!