Miles for Mason 2018 is SundayMiles for Mason 2018 will be held this Sunday, September 16, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It will be in the Pavilion on Young Street in Jesup. This will be the fifth annual “Miles for Mason.”
The day will consist of a 5k Run/Walk, Mason Jar Silent Auction, bounce houses, balloon artist, face painting, Knockerball and much more.
Mason Gonzalez is the 7-year-old son of Jesus and Amy Gonzalez of Jesup. Mason was diagnosed with Angelman Syndrome at the age of 2, a rare neurological disorder. Angelman Syndrome causes seizures, delayed milestones, balance issues, and most have no functional speech.
Miles for Mason was started in 2014 to raise community awareness of this rare condition. All proceeds are donated to the Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics to help find a cure. So far, almost $25,000 has been donated to help find a cure.
Online registration is available for 5K at: https://runsignup.com/Race/IA/Jesup/MilesforMason5K.
For more information, contact Alisha Evans, 319-415-4105 or Amy Gonzalez, 319-243-8105. Join Miles for Mason on Facebook to stay updated.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Jesup School board meets Jan. 13
- Prom Dress Sale is Sat., Feb. 22
- Open house Feb. 27 at Jesup Elementary
- BCEDC has start-up business funds available
- Become a Soil and Water Conservation Commissioner
- Daffodil sales continue through February 22
- Moser gymnasts compete at Iowa Falls
- BCHC Mental Health Specialty Clinic welcomes Nancy Muir, LISW
- Jesup City Council Meeting - Feb. 3, 2020
- Bosco celebrates Catholic Schools Week
- Don Bosco musicians perform at Meistersinger Honor Band
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!