Miles for Mason 2018 is SundayMiles for Mason 2018 will be held this Sunday, September 16, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It will be in the Pavilion on Young Street in Jesup. This will be the fifth annual “Miles for Mason.”
The day will consist of a 5k Run/Walk, Mason Jar Silent Auction, bounce houses, balloon artist, face painting, Knockerball and much more.
Mason Gonzalez is the 7-year-old son of Jesus and Amy Gonzalez of Jesup. Mason was diagnosed with Angelman Syndrome at the age of 2, a rare neurological disorder. Angelman Syndrome causes seizures, delayed milestones, balance issues, and most have no functional speech.
Miles for Mason was started in 2014 to raise community awareness of this rare condition. All proceeds are donated to the Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics to help find a cure. So far, almost $25,000 has been donated to help find a cure.
Online registration is available for 5K at: https://runsignup.com/Race/IA/Jesup/MilesforMason5K.
For more information, contact Alisha Evans, 319-415-4105 or Amy Gonzalez, 319-243-8105. Join Miles for Mason on Facebook to stay updated.
Other News Stories In the Jesup Citizen Herald Newspaper
- Jesup School Board Meeting June 10, 2019
- Smith successfully completes course at Engineering Duty Officer School
- BCHC Auxiliary awards scholarships to students entering or continuing education in healthcare
- Lunch in the Park June 27
- Every Tuesday is Hot Dog Day
- Garden Club enjoys Amish dinner, tour of Detweiler Greenhouse
- Ice Cream Social to benefit Otter Creek Animal Shelter
You're missing dozens of exciting and informative stories and photos if you're not reading the complete print edition of the Jesup Citizen Herald. Subscribe now!